Monday, September 1, 2008

2008 August NewsLetter


Francis Elias - My family in Christ

I was born in Penang in 1957. My father died when I was just 3 years old. Immedi-ately after my father passed away, my mother brought my brother and I to stay with my uncle. After a while, my uncle entered us in the Salvation Army, Penang where we stayed from 1968 to 1973.
It was in Salvation Army that I spent my early teenage, growing up with kids of dif-ferent ethnicity and various background and. I cherish my growing years here as it was filled with wonderful experiences. We were part of this big happy family and everyone cared for each other. There were, however, some sad moments espe-cially when some of the seniors, whom we had come to be fond of, had to leave. Nevertheless, the new recruits made us enthusiastic and cheerful again. I kept in touch with my seniors, some of whom would drop by the home occasionally. Still, I dreaded the day I would have to leave the home and family I had come to be fond of...

Maggie Ch’ng—Giving Thanks, and Exhortations in the Lord.

My name is Maggie. I’m from the church of Salvation Army. Well, I want to share with you about my testimonies. I want to thank God that sometime 2 years ago. I almost wanted to quit my job because of a hard time that I had with the people I was working with especially my supervisor. We had a hard time getting along, there were also different opinions and arguments at times. So it’s really so unpleasant that I even thought of quitting my job....


Read More

No comments :