Sunday, June 28, 2009

2009 June NewsLetter

Daniel Hor’s Story...

My name is Daniel Hor Chee Leung and I am 19 years old. I was born in Ipoh, but dur-ing my early childhood years, I lived with my parents in Johor. I have a younger brother and sister. When I was 8 years old, I started help-ing my parents at a Dim Sum shop in Johor Baru. When I was in Primary 4 (10 years old), someone from the So-cial Welfare Department came by and upon inspecting me, found cane marks along my back. My parents were reprimanded for this, and after that, my aunt from Penang brought me home to live with her. After staying with my aunt for a year, we were visited by Captain Leong and Mrs. G from the Salvation Army. After the visit, my aunt decided to place me in the Salvation Army’s Penang Children’s Home.

Read More ...



No comments :