Saturday, March 14, 2015

Hearing From God

The Holy Spirit connection
Mark 13:11: But when they arrest you and deliver you up, do not worry beforehand, or premeditate what you will speak. But whatever is given you in that hour, speak that; for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.
John 16:7, 13–14: Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
1 Corinthians 2:9–10, 14: But as it is written: “Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The Lord will guide and instruct
Psalm 25:8–9, 12: Good and upright is the Lord; therefore He teaches sinners in the way. 9 The humble He guides in justice, and the humble He teaches His way.12 Who is the man that fears the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses.
Psalm 32:8: I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.
Jeremiah 33:3: ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’
Isaiah 30:21: Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.
Isaiah 42:16: I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them.
Daniel 2:20–22: Daniel answered and said: “Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, for wisdom and might are His. 21 And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding. 22 He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, and light dwells with Him.

Get quiet and take time to listen
Psalm 4:4: Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within your heart on your bed, and be still. Selah
Psalm 143:8, 10: Cause me to hear Your loving kindness in the morning, for in You do I trust; cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You. 10 Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness.

Biblical examples
Numbers 9:8: And Moses said to them, “Stand still, that I may hear what the Lord will command concerning you.”
1 Samuel 3:9–10: Therefore Eli said to Samuel, “Go, lie down; and it shall be, if He calls you, that you must say, ‘Speak, Lord, for Your servant hears.’” So Samuel went and lay down in his place. 10 Now the Lord came and stood and called as at other times, “Samuel! Samuel!” And Samuel answered, “Speak, for Your servant hears.”
1 Kings 19:11–12: Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; 12 and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice.
Jeremiah 1:9: Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me: “Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.
Ezekiel 3:27: But when I speak with you, I will open your mouth, and you shall say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God.’ He who hears, let him hear; and he who refuses, let him refuse; for they are a rebellious house.
Luke 2:26: And it had been revealed to him by the Holy Spirit that he would not see death before he had seen the Lord’s Christ.
Acts 10:19–20: While Peter thought about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Behold, three men are seeking you. 20 Arise therefore, go down and go with them, doubting nothing; for I have sent them.”

God still speaks
Malachi 3:6: “For I am the Lord, I do not change; therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.
Amos 3:7: Surely the Lord God does nothing, unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets.
Acts 2:17: ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.
Hebrews 13:8: Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

No comments :