Saturday, December 1, 2018

I will give you power over the enemy and nothing will hurt you.

Luke 10:19 New International Version (NIV)

19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

Jesus is our Lord, our Savior and our friend. He is also our big brother and our protector. In today's promise, Jesus encourages us that He has given us power to trample on serpents and scorpions so that nothing will ever hurt us. I can remember when I was little, my big brother used to watch over me when we went to school to make sure no bullies would beat me up.

It was so reassuring for me to know that I was being watched over and protected by my brother. Not only does Jesus walk with us in every step we take, He lives in us and has empowered us to have victory over each onslaught from the enemy of our soul. 1 John 5:18 says... We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him. (NIV)

May each one of us be so aware of the protecting, brooding, surrounding love and power of God in us and around us that we will know that nothing will ever be able to really hurt us.

No comments :