Thursday, July 4, 2019

My name is a strong tower that you can run to and find safety.

Proverbs 18:10 New International Version (NIV)

10 The name of the Lord is a fortified tower;
    the righteous run to it and are safe.
The name of our Lord and God is a strong tower, a mighty fortress that we can run to any time, night or day, and find safety. Psalm 91 talks about this strong tower being 'the secret place of the Most High'. It is a place where we can stay our entire lives, dwelling under the shadow of the Almighty.

Many of the anxieties that we experience in our society come from a place where we do not feel safe and secure. God is our strong tower! We can rest assured that safety is found in the borders of His love. What father wouldn't have a heart to protect his children? 

God is the perfect Father and promises to be there for us...as a fortress that we can depend on for shelter.  When I think of this promise, I feel peace in my heart knowing that I have a safe place where I can go, and so do you!

No comments :