Friday, September 4, 2009

2009 - August NewsLetter

Peter - by Sister Molly Lim

BoldWay back in 1987 in Calvary Church, KL, God called me to serve Him. He had stationed me in the Salva-tion Army Melaka way back in 2003 where I worked for 3 years as a full time volunteer. Then in March 2007, He 'opened a door' and put me on the SA payroll as an Administrative Assistant until the present.

Reflecting back, I met Peter for only about 2 and half months. It all started one morning, this white haired elderly gentleman walking steadily towards the coffee shop for breakfast caught my attention. Neighbors said he usually goes out in the afternoon but that day was special. We became friends with just a small cup of my sweet red bean soup (old people's favorite). Then as God will it, I met him again and wondered why he was alone by himself even though communication was kind of difficult because he was hard of hearing; yet I felt the attraction to get to know him and his family. Daily I would walk him to my house for dinner knowing he is lonely and probably fed-up of eating outside food perhaps simple home cooked meals would taste a lot different. I also brought back SA canteen Indian cooked food for four occasions (after my Direc-tor, Freda came to know about it) as Peter loves spicy food.

Read More ...



No comments :