Friday, April 23, 2010

Someone you can trust

‘I’VE just met the man who’s going to change my life!’ Sally announced as she entered the living room where her three flatmates sat. They were used to Sally’s quick turnover in the boyfriend department.

‘Who is it this time?’ Beth asked. ‘It’s not that guy upstairs, is it?’

‘No,’ Sally grinned.

‘Well, you want to be careful,’ Alison told her. ‘Remember what Ray did to you – stealing all that money and running off.’

‘This man won’t steal from me,’ Sally said confidently.

‘Then there was Bob – he really let you down,’ Laura chimed in, ‘being married with kids and everything.’

‘This man won’t let me down. I know for sure he isn’t married.’

‘Then there was Johnny, who…’ Beth began.

‘Hold on! I didn’t know you were all keeping count.’ Sally looked at the three of them. ‘You know I’ve been going to the Alpha course at St Mark’s Church with Mum – well, this evening it suddenly all made sense to me.’

‘What did?’ Alison asked.

‘This believing in Jesus thing. We were talking about how Jesus died on the cross so that everyone’s sins could be forgiven, and I suddenly realised that that included me. The guy in charge, Craig, must have seen the light dawning for me – he came over and told me what I had to do if I wanted Jesus to save me.’

‘And what was that?’ Beth asked. ‘Start going to his church?’

‘No. I had to pray. That was hard. I didn’t know what to say. But Craig helped me.’

‘So, what did you say?’ Laura queried.

Sally blushed, but she knew she had to go on. ‘I told Jesus that I knew I have done tons of wrong things. I know that – and that he died for me. I asked him to forgive me and to be my saviour and friend.’

‘And?’ Beth and Alison asked.

‘And I suddenly felt warm – and loved. I knew Jesus had heard me. I knew he had saved me. And I know he is going to change my life.’

Over the centuries millions of people have seen life in a different way because of Jesus’ death – and because two days later God raised him to life.

Even though it is 2,000 years since those life-changing events, Jesus still has the power to save people from the consequence of their sins. He is still only a prayer away.

TSA UK

No comments :