Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Lent Bible Reading Series - 9th April 2014



·        Bible Reading – Luke 4:1-13, Psalm 91  

Just when Jesus felt the most affirmed he is tempted by the devil! At his baptism Jesus received the wonderful words from his heavenly father, ‘you are my son, who I love and with you I am well pleased.’ So what does the devil say, twice he taunts Jesus with the words, if you are the son of God, and if you bow down to me I will give you all the kingdoms of the world ! This was a challenge to the identity and the authority of Jesus, but Jesus resisted the three temptations and in his response confounds his tempter. 



Consider:
·        ‘Fasting alone in the desert, tell of the days that he passed.
How he was tried and was tempted, yet was triumphant at last. 
Tell me the stories of Jesus write on my heart every word.’                                                               (SASB 99)